Monday, February 8, 2010

Ok...Got the Gotoh "newly designed" friction gears to replace my older ones. They are marketed by Allparts(a good company I did business with when I was in retail). These gears do seem to be smoother but I don't care for the button tightening screws. Cheap! Prolly made from melted down jeeps or something. Anyway, the Phillips head screw slot on one of them is already starting to strip. But that's my only complaint. Otherwise a good friction gear and I'll use them.Need to try and bump up the button screws, however.

Went to a ukulele used group meeting this past Saturday and had fun(other than being in a basement where the temp. was about 50.) It's BUG(Bellingham Uke Group) and everybody was friendly and helpful. I'm a bit beyond the playing levels of what we were doing but it was fun to sit and strum with 20 other uker's. The facilitator of the meeting is trying to get an advanced jazz/swing session going so I look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment